Art with Heart loves volunteers. We believe that volunteers are our best connection to the community. In fact, our volunteers are the best Art with Heart ambassadors, helping us reach even more children in need! If you’re interested in joining our team of volunteer superheroes, see below for position descriptions and our volunteer application. The below application is for general volunteers as well as direct service opportunities. Even if there are no current openings, you can still fill out an application and we will reach out as opportunities become available! Please note, our volunteer opportunities are currently all based in Seattle, WA.
Direct Service Program Volunteers
Our opportunities to volunteer with children using expressive arts are divided into our programmatic schedule. Please note that due to the sensitive nature of our work and a high volume of applicants, we are selective with our direct service volunteers. One of the greatest benefits our programs offer to children is regular meetings with committed adults. This stable environment allows children and teens to become comfortable talking about their emotional struggles. For this reason, to volunteer you must be over 21, be able to commit to 20+ hours per month for six months, and have reliable access to transportation. If asked to participate you will be asked to provide two references, complete a background check, and participate in a program training.
Art with Heart Office, Seattle
We have materials and artifacts that we’ve collected over the years that need archiving. Ideal applicants will have an MLIS (Masters in Library and Information Science) or extensive experience with archival materials.
Social Media Ambassador
Social media ambassadors use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram leading up to and during the event to encourage people to register for the event, post photos during the event, and use our #colorofhope hashtag.
Due to the high volume of interest, there is currently a waiting list for 2016 intern positions.
Internships offer the opportunity to make a difference as well as provide valuable real world experience in a collaborative and supportive work environment. We are always on the lookout for qualified interns in the following areas: Programming, Development, Marketing and/or Design, and Administrative Support.
Other Ways to Help
There are many ways you can use your talents and time to help the many children in need. You can contact us with your ideas or sign up for our newsletter for regular updates and announcements. In the meantime, here are ways you can help:
- Host an Event/Fundraiser: Whether it’s a coffee klatch, a cocktail party, or a bowl-a-thon, there are many ways to introduce your friends to Art with Heart and raise money!
- Office Support: We are always looking for organized folks to help on a regular basis in our Seattle office.
- Special Events: We have both one-time and recurring needs for volunteers to help with special events. From our annual Color of Hope event to smaller community events, we need help planning as well as day-of-event volunteers.
- Organize a workplace giving opportunity: Invite us to come and make a presentation to your co-workers to help spread the word!
- Share your Special Skills: Publicity, Marketing, Video Editing, Public Relations, Financial Management, Fundraising and Development, Legal Assistance, and Professional Therapy are just some of the key skill sets that we could use.