Join us for a one-day intensive training which provides a road map for using Chill & Spill, a therapeutic tool for teens coping with trauma.
This course prepares participants to help teens facing the pain of trauma using Chill & Spill as their guide.
At the end of the training, participants will:
- Understand best practices for utilizing creative expression with teens experiencing trauma or loss.
- Gain hands-on artistic experiences including tips and tricks for increased confidence in a variety of mediums.
- Learn about the theory, structure, and flow of the Chill & Spill therapeutic activity book and the Chill & Spill Leader’s Companion, a curriculum to support programmatic use.
Who should attend
Open to all school counselors, mental health professionals, social workers, bereavement professionals, child life specialists, and others interested in using creative expression to support teens who are reluctant to communicate.
Employees of youth-serving Washington State nonprofits may be eligible for the Loeb Family Charitable Foundations “Buy 1 Get 1 Free” grant.
When: Monday, March 6th, 8:30am–4:30pm
Where: Childhaven, 316 Broadway, Suite 302, Seattle, WA 98124
Details: $175 register here
- Participants are eligible to receive education credits.
- Registration fee includes a Chill & Spill workbook, Chill & Spill Leader’s Companion, and art materials.
- A light lunch will be provided.
- Participants earn 7 CEU credits
*Thanks to a generous grant from the Loeb Family Charitable Foundation, all Washington State, youth-serving nonprofits can apply for the “Buy 1 Get 1 Free” grant to buy two registrations for the price of one. Apply online for this grant.