Impact of Your Support
Art with Heart is a a 501(C)(3) public charity that operates on an exceptionally lean budget, depending heavily on in-kind and discounted services to deliver high-quality, low cost programming and services.
On behalf of the children we serve, we thank you for your compassionate generosity. We endeavor to be the best possible stewards of your gifts and to leverage those funds in the most sustainable ways possible. For every dollar you donate, 75% supports children and youth through our therapeutic books, trainings, and programs. Art with Heart receives no federal funding.
Your generosity helps provide the following services in Washington State:
- Professional Development Education about harnessing the power of creativity to heal children and youth in crisis
- Scholarships for free books for WA State mental health programs that cannot otherwise afford these important materials
And both nationally and internationally, we provide:
- Therapeutic books that support high-risk youth and curriculum to support the mental health professionals that serve them
- Development of new classroom support tools that empower leaders to use creativity with children in their care
2013 Functional Expenses
|76 % PROGRAMS||$ 324,980|
|14 % ADMIN||$ 59,096|
|10 % FUNDRAISING||$ 41,307|
|SUB TOTAL||$ 425,383|
|IN KIND DONATIONS||$ 52,052|
How Your Donation Helps
Because of your continued support, in 2014 we were able to:
- Serve 282 local children through our workshops, programs and therapeutic books.
- Train 131 adults to bring the healing power of creativity to children in their communities through our therapeutic art books.
- Support 6,797 grieving children through the Draw it Out book, grief kit, and Memory Bank — each designed to ease suffering and anxiety.
- Help 7,231 children and teens facing family hardships illness, difficult transitions, and other issues through the Oodles of Doodles, Ink About It, Chill & Spill, and Magnificent Marvelous Me therapeutic books.
*Figures based on January 1 — November 24, 2014
When you make a donation to Art with Heart, you become an investor and a partner in our mission to provide a brighter future for children and youth facing hardship. Help us grow so that we can help even more children in the years to come.